Case 10-1: Swisscom AG
Read and review the selected case study from the required text, and answer the analysis questions.
After reviewing the background section of the Swisscom AG in your textbook, provide answers to the following questions:
1. Use the information in Note 27 to restate Swisscom’s consolidated financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Begin by constructing debit/credit entries for each reconciliation item, and then post these entries to columns 2 and 3 using the worksheets provided in the textbook.
2. Calculate each of the following ratios under both IFRS and U.S. GAAP, and determine the percentage differences between them, using IFRS ratios as the base:
- Net income / Net revenues
- Operating income / Net revenues
- Operating income / Total assets
- Net income / Total shareholders’ equity
- Operating income / Total shareholders’ equity
- Current assets / Current liabilities
- Total liabilities / Total shareholders’ equity
3. Which of these ratios is most (least) affected by the accounting standards used?
From: Doupnik, T., & Perera, H. (2014). International accounting (4th ed.) (pp. 535-536). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Each answer is to be clear and concise, and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Journal articles and books must be referenced according to current APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).
- Your answers must present a research-based rationale citing outside sources when appropriate.
- Attention: Complete and submit the assignment by 11:59 PM ET Friday.
It’s that simple.Pay only when you are satisfied.
Get Personalized Homework Help
Improve Your Grades Today
How It Works
1-Send us your Assignment requirements, attach and deadline for submission.
2-You will get a confirmation from us with a price quote.Pay us and be relax.
3-Your Completed task will be e mailed to you before agreed time.
Submit Your Assignment/Essay/Discussion/Term Paper/Final Exam or CaseStudy Detail
Send your academic problems,
Get instant Help only at Writerscampus!