Random Company received its bank statement for the month ending May 31, 2019, and reconciled the statement balance to the May 31, 2019, balance in the Cash account. The reconciled balance was determined to be $36,400. The reconciliation recognized the following items:
- A deposit made on May 31 for $22,700 was included in the Cash account balance but not in the bank statement balance.
- Checks issued but not returned with the bank statement were No. 673 for $4,550 and No. 687 for $9,700.
- Bank service charges shown as a deduction on the bank statement were $110.
- Interest credited to Random Company’s account but not recorded on the company’s books amounted to $88.
- Returned with the bank statement was a “debit memo” stating that a customer’s check for $3,240 that had been deposited on May 23 had been returned because the customer’s account was overdrawn.
- During a review of the checks that were returned with the bank statement, it was noted that the amount of check No. 681 was $680 but that in the company’s records supporting the Cash account balance, the check had been erroneously recorded in the amount of $68.
What was the balance shown on the bank statement before recognizing any of these reconciling items?
It’s that simple.Pay only when you are satisfied.
Get Personalized Homework Help
Improve Your Grades Today
How It Works
1-Send us your Assignment requirements, attach and deadline for submission.
2-You will get a confirmation from us with a price quote.Pay us and be relax.
3-Your Completed task will be e mailed to you before agreed time.
Submit Your Assignment/Essay/Discussion/Term Paper/Final Exam or CaseStudy Detail
Send your academic problems,
Get instant Help only at Writerscampus!